I was always hungry for chocolate banana muffins but never managed to bake them perfectly. This time the result has exceeded my highest expectations and therefore, I would love to show my brand new homemade muffins to the world and share the recipe with you.
3 ripe bananas
1 tbs raw cocoa powder (Ecoandino)
70 g dark 74% cacao chocolate
160 g plain flour
40 g coconut flour (Renée Voltaire)
40 g carob powder or soft light brown sugar
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
125 ml vegetable oil
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C and prepare your muffins form.
2. Mash the bananas with a fork or a mixer. Still mixing add the oil, eggs and carob/brown sugar.
3. Blend all the dry ingredients together: both flours, cocoa powder and bicarbonate of soda.
4. Add this blend beating gently or mixing with a spoon, to the banana mixture.
5. Chop the chocolate bar and add it to the dough gently mixing with a wooden spoon.
6. Spoon the dough to the muffins form.
7. Bake in the oven for 15-20 min. After this time switch it off, open the oven and let the muffins cool slightly for 10-15 min before you take them out. It will protect muffins against subsiding (falling) and loosing their beautiful form.
Have a nice baking!